Subject: Re: [amos-list] Seemingly easy task...
From: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 23:18:55 +0000

From: Andrew Crowe <[email-masked]>

Hi Everybody,

>>   But you might have gaps between some points if you make it too big...
> 
> can't you just increase angle resolution?:) i'm sure 1/10000th
> of an angle could cover a very big size:)
> (tho decimal limits in amos might prevent very high resolution i guess...)

   well, suite yourself. if you drew a line you could problaby get away with
just 20-30 points on a smaller circle (speed may not be much of an issue,
but you don't want to wait hours while it draws a circle ;)

>> By the way, what is wrong with amos' circle command? Do you want to do
>> something more with it then just draw it?
> 
> yeah.. ever try doing just part of a circle?:)
> (experimenting with curves... figuring out how to 
> make rigid and flexible curve systems...)   

   Ah, you're after splines then. I think there are some extentions that can
draw those (um, is it in Amcaf or turbo? I've seen it in one of those.)

> (got interrested in vector drawings when I couldn't get a decent pdf
> viewer... but decoding pdf is too much for me so I just started figuring
> out my own vector design system... and screeched to a halt when I got to
> curves and discovered I couldn't even plot a perfect circle...)

   Ah yes, I developed some rotating/scaling line vector routines a while
back. Havn't really done anything with them since ;(

See ya.
-- 
       Manta Soft  -  Amiga programing & web page designing
          Http://mantasoft.aio.co.uk/      ICQ: 21829166
Homepage updated 24/5/99 --- Bomberman clone update & site changes
  - ------------------- Quote of the day: -------------------- -
Penguins can jump as high as 6 feet.
--The Miscellanea Digest

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

Looking for a new hobby?  Want to make a new friend? 
http://www.onelist.com
Come join one of 175,000 e-mail communities at ONElist!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html